Breaking News
recent

Photos: 80-year-old Man dies in House inferno started by immersion water heater

An 80-year-old man, Godwin Oyia, lost his life in Lagos, after being trapped in an House inferno started by an immersion water heater (boiling ring). The fire incident occured at No 5 Aborishade close, Lawanson, Surulere, at about 10:40am today, Sept 13th.

According to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), investigation carried out by the Agency's emergency response team at the scene of the incident revealed that an immersion water heater (boiling ring) being used at the last room on the top floor, led to the outbreak of fire that engulfed the whole building. Unfortunately, the aged man, Godwin Oyia, was burnt to death in the room where the fire started from.

However, although the whole of the top floor of the building was completely burnt down, the down floor was salvaged by the combined efforts of LASEMA, Red cross, the Lagos State Fire Service and Itire division of the Police Force. The dead body has since been recovered and handed over to the Police.

General Manager LASEMA, Mr. Michael Akindele, said proper investigation would be conducted on the incident and advised Lagosians to ensure safety by switching off all electrical appliances when not in use at home or in the office.



No comments:

Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.